“I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately, I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life, To put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die Discover that I had not lived.” David Thoreau
What does it mean to live deliberately? does it mean to observe your surroundings and learn all you can from them. With a changing society were told consistently to live a certain way, everywhere you go there are adds telling you "you need this", or cell phones blocking your intellectual well being. Always remember we only have one life don't let someone tell you how to live it, your time is precious. Live the way you want to, if your dream is to go live in the middle of a forest, or on a boat in the depths of the ocean do it. When I read the novel Walden for the first time, David Thoreau became one of my hero's, this man was well educated and could have had a wealthy life, but instead he left his town to live in the middle of the woods and lived, an discovered what was important in life. He only had what he needed to stay alive nothing more, but he saw the way the animals lived, the emotion of seasons changing, he truly lived deep and sucked the marrow of life and discovered what it meant to live deliberately.
No comments:
Post a Comment