Saturday, August 23, 2014

Their People Just Like Us

The other day I took a visit to the homeless shelter it turned out to be much different than I expected honestly if I didn't have my friend with me I might have felt a bit uncomfortable. It's not that I fear the people there in fact I respect them, it was just the fact that there seemed to be so many drugs that it made me nervous. I was only there for a couple hours and it did give me a glimpse of whats really going on in our community of Santa Cruz. Yet not all the people there are doing drugs there are some who really do go out and play music to support themselves and I have the upper most respect for that. My father actually calls himself a Hobo as he would say to me "Wherever I lay my head is home" I guess what i could say is the next time you walk past a sign saying Help and extra change or anything give them what you can cause you'll never know how much they really need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment